Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Simply Back to Basic's

I have recently started having loads of problems with my skin, partly due to the cold weather, but I think mostly down to late pregnancy hormones. I have never really had many problems with my skin, and actually have the luxury of being a bit lazy with it. I can wash and dry it and then not really bother with moisteriser unless I'm using it in the morning before I put my make-up on.
Recently however, it has gone haywire, looking dry, flakey and red. Due to being pregnant aswell I have considered moving my bed to the bedroom as I seem to spend all of my sleeping hours sitting on the loo from where baby has decided that my bladder is actually a trampoline, so dark circles round my eyes have firmly planted themselves and considered I have a few weeks/months of sleepless nights to look forward to, I don't think that they are going anywhere fast. Then just to add insult to injurymy lips with the cold weather have turned from lovely, smooth, smoochibles, to dry and cracked and also flakey.

Pregnancy glow my backside!!!!

That aside, I've gone back to basics, shying away from make-up (trust me - it is not a pretty sight) and bumped up my skincare routine in an effort to regain some control over my Rudolph akin skin.

I'm going to start with Lips, my lips are a major concern at the moment because they are rough, dry and cracked (really attractive I know) but this is the trouble with the English weather, when it goes cold, your lips suffer, so here are my tips for sorting out winter lips;

*Don't lick, bite or pick at the dry skin on your lips. just like a scab on your knee the more you pick the more time it takes to heal and the worse it looks when it does eventually heal.
*Apply lip balm as often as you need it, buy two and keep one in your bag at all times and one at home so you always have a spare.
*When you put your moisteriser on at night, apple a lip balm to your lips, this will mean that you are more likely to wake up with softer, smoother lips
*and lastly, drink more, dry skin anywhere on the body is a sign of dehydration, so hydrate your skin more by drinking more (preferably water)

My current favourite lip balm is from The Body Shop, it's the Solid Oil Lips Wild Argan Oil,

Click for enlarged viewIt currently retails at £4.00 both online and in their stores (you can buy it Here) 

It is my current favourite because it smells amazing, it's deeply nourishing, and when I apply it at night I wake up in the morning with lips kissably soft. I do notice a big difference in my lips when I don't apply this, I didn't take my own advice at buying two, and recently couldn't remember where I had put it so went without, the result is the horrible, dry, cracked lips I was telling you about earlier in the post.
I have tried other products but find them to be too waxy, or irritate me by sitting on the lip rather than soaking in, this I find, does soak in which means although you have to apply more, atleast it doesn't look like I have stuck my mouth in the fat left in my frying pan.

What are your tips and tricks for keeping your lips under control during the winter? Are there any products that you would recommend?

Tomorrow, I'll be talking about trying to get my skin back under control, my skin type, routine, and products I'm currently using.

L. X

*This is not a sponsered post, all opinions are my own, and all products have been purchased with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment